I have heard that saying many times before and anytime I see a feather, even in an obvious a-feather-makes-sense-right-about-now place (like by a pond with ducks nearby) I still think of that saying and smile at the thought of an angel nearby.
On Saturday morning, we heard Lily waking up in her room and Brian went to go get her. We have a weekend ritual where we get Lily from her crib and bring her into bed with us where we snuggle, she plays with the television remote, climbs all over us, and we lazily enjoy her until hunger eventually forces us to get out of bed.
On this Saturday, I noticed right away she had a white feather in her hair. There is no logical explanation why that feather would be there. We don't own feather pillows or comforters. She had a bath before bedtime. She sleeps with a hot-pink monkey. None of her stuffed animals have feathers on them, and her crib sheet was clean.
Of course my mind immediately went to that saying. I'm choosing to believe an angel visited Lily last night. And I thank them for keeping her safe while we all slept peacefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment