Everyone told me this would happen...Lily would become obsessed with the dog food and water bowls. And everyone was right.
Once Lily remembers the bowls are there, she becomes singularly obsessed with them. I could magically transform the house into Disney World and she would still crane her neck to see if the bowls were still on the floor. I know it.
So the greatest thing in the world is, she will start crawling over to the dog bowls. It's all casual, innocent, like, don't mind me I'm just going for a cruise kinda-thing. The closer she gets, the more frantic she begins to crawl. Her hands slap down on the hard wood really loudly. Then, in the final feet, she begins breathing loudly, like she is finishing a marathon! Every now and then she'll let out a squeal of delight.
Its super adorable. And useful, because until I hear the hand-slapping, I know she's behaving herself. Once I hear the "huh-huh-huh" of her breathing, I know I have to drop what I am doing and scoop her up.
Except sometimes I'm not fast enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment