I am so happy for warmer weather, you have no idea.
This winter, I've had a little bit of a phobia going places with Lily on my own. There was just something about putting warm clothes, a coat, a hat, having a blanket lovingly draped over the car seat as I carried her to and from the car, trying to shield her from the weather....Then I read that you shouldn't have a coat on the baby while in a car seat, which just confused and complicated the issue even more! Anyway, it just overwhelmed me. For sure, over 95% of the time I don't even put a coat on myself, despite how frigid it may be. Having to do all these steps on a tiny baby? Just not my scene.
But today! Today was 50! So while BHop went to the gym after work, Lily and I drove to the bank, then went to the grocery store (where I bought her her first baby doll, which she lovingly played with throughout the store, but during the 1.4 seconds it took for the cashier to scan the barcode and hand it back to Lily, she apparently lost all interest in it. Hmpf.)
After that, we went for a long walk and took in all the sights and sounds around the neighborhood. It was bliss!

No comments:
Post a Comment