Recently we rented The Poky Little Puppy book from the library. This was my FAVORITE book when I was a little girl. I was so excited to read it to Lily! Sure enough, Lily loves it too.
However, 35 years down the road and my taste in books must have changed because seriously. This book is the worst! So boring, and repetitive, and the mom dog has an attitude problem.
But we read it a lot because I can't resist Lily holding it and sweetly asking "poky widdle puppy, mommy?"...reading all about how the puppies sniffed the air and smelled rice pudding and rushed home through the hole under the fence they had dug and their mom was mad...on and on and on until I returned the book early just to stop reading it for the love of God.
Last night, Lily climbed up her slide in the back yard. She paused. She started sniffing the air. Sniff sniff sniff. Finally, I said "What are you sniffing, Lily Mae?"
"RICE PUDDING!!" she yelled, slid down the slide, and started running for the door.
Ok, seriously. That was adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment