369 days have gone by since my last post. Since then, my baby turned 1, and now my baby has turned 2. Lately, I have been missing writing about her.
I handled her turning one year old just fine. But two years old has shook me a little. I want time to slow down. I want to bottle up her two-year-old self and never ever let her get big. I look back at videos and pictures from a year earlier and yearn for her to still have those big chubby cheeks and thighs. It doesn't help that my oldest stepson attends Navy Nuke school and lives in Charleston, SC now. My middle stepson leaves for the Army National Guard in a matter of weeks. Our family of 6 will be a household of 4 soon. Eep.
Lily's 2nd birthday party was over the weekend. When she woke up, I remind her: people are coming over, and they may be bringing presents.
"What will you say to them?" I asked.Perfect!
"Fank you. Bess you..And....And...I wuv you."

No comments:
Post a Comment